Thursday, June 2, 2011

If the world ended...

Sorry to disappoint, but this isn't going to be a "if the world ended would you be ready to meet your maker" kind of blog entry.  This is actually just a easy thought provoking little piece. 

With all the hoopla lately about the world ending and what-not, I thought I'd do a top 10 list of things I'd miss if the world, in fact, did end sometime in the near future.  It's obvious and should go without saying that family and friends are at the top of any list even if they don't appear. 







  1. The smell of Lavender.  It makes me feel light, happy and pretty. I can't help but smile when I see lavender and especially when I smell it.      
    2.   Food! All kinds of food.  I'm not one of those girls that's a picky eater and eats less than a starving     bird.  What can I say, I like my food.

    3.   Music.  But not music from those that think they have to be a gimmick to be any good...you know, the Lady Gaga types.  I'm talking about the music that moves every molecule in your body when you listen to it and you can't help but feel moved and be moved by it.  Music that pulls out lost memories (good or bad).  The kind of music that you can feel in your soul and when you hear it, it's like it was written for you.

    4.   Flowers.  Just seeing flowers makes me happy.  Mother Nature's means of decorations. Except for roses...I don't care too much for them.

 




ESPECIALLY DAISIES....THEY'RE MY FAV!!!
daisies

    5.   Autumn.  In my opinion Autumn is the best time of year.  Not just because of the weather, my birthday or Halloween but also because Autumn just feels like being wrapped up in a comfy blanket.  This time of year triggers something nostalgic inside of me.


    6.   The Ocean.  I wanted to be a Marine biologist when I was little and could barely even spell it.  Though that career dream fizzled out I never lost the passion and fascination I have for "the big blue".  The salty sea air, sand between my toes, the way it seems to stretch out to the ends of the earth, the power behind one little wave and the undiscovered things that lie at it's bottom and the unknown creatures that inhabit it's deepest depths.   



  
    7.   My Rainbow flip flops...it's simple, I love them and wear them year round!

    8.   Books.  Actual books and not that Nook and Kindle CRAP!!!

    9.   Thunderstorms.  The regular ones that don't contain warnings of tornado's or flooding.  It's kind of a small adrenaline rush to be surrounded by thunder and lightening.  If it's your basic thunderstorm and you don't have to fear for your life, the show is amazing! There's a silence before every storm that most don't notice and that in itself is captivating.  The world goes silent...the birds go away, the air is still and the clouds silently roll in.  The power behind each "boom" of thunder and the dazzling sizzle behind each dangerous strike of lightening it absolutely breathtaking if you take the time to really look at it.  It's a real reminder of how powerful other forces in this world are....it's a small glimpse of just how powerful God is.  
 
  10. LOVE.  There is no emotion more intoxicating than love.  Love seems to be the source of every other emotion we have if you think about it.  The power of love is a powerful thing indeed.  It's makes people act like fools...it makes moms pick up car...it leaves us crying and wanting while at the same time it can make us feel happy and whole.  Wars are fought over ones love of religion, power, money, etc... But boy oh boy there is no greater rush or feeling than loving or being loved
     

Well, I don't know if these 10 things are the things I'll miss the MOST but they would certainly be missed a great deal. 
So, what would you miss????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment